Monday, May 31, 2010

Bo Bunny May Sketch LO Challenge

The unbelievably talented Rita Shimniok provided us with this 2 page sketch for the May Challenge over at Bo Bunny:

We were allowed to create a one or two page layout based on the sketch, and I decided to go with a one pager. I chose the Jazmyne line from Bo Bunny to compliment my pictures along with the Double Dot cardstock with is my all time favorite item in the Bo Bunny product line.

I also used Black Bo Bunny Chunky Chips Alpha Stickers which I painted green... then spritz with gold glitter spray for a really cool effect. I did the same with an ivory Chunky Charms flourish. The results turned out spectacular!

Notice the handcut detail along the left side of the layout and how the focal picture is nestled into the glittered flower work. This set of papers is just beautiful.
Here is a closeup of the painted/gold glimmer sprayed letters:

Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment:

RitaS said...

"Unbelieveably talented" - you are too funny my friend! I absolutely love your layout and the chipboard pieces turned out FANTASTIC!! Super cool effect...somehow, I think if I tried to mimic that look it would not come out the same. I love how you used the paper at the top - it's a way of using it that I had not seen or thought of before. Glad you liked the sketch Dawne!