Monday, September 14, 2009

Card Sketch!

Who can resist a card sketch? Not me! I'm always one to see how I can make it just a little different - and unique.

This card sketch is again a challenge on the Bo Bunny Blog. I chose to use the Sweetie Pie line on this card. I love the combination of pink, green and red.
Here is the sketch that was created by Dee Gallimore-Perry.

As you can see I changed the square to a circle and mounted it onto a star (which I cut using my wishblade).

The trick when using shapes is to make sure you ink and outline to give them definition. I used black ink on the scalloped circle and on each piece of the inner circle. I used my white inkssentials pen by Ranger to outline the star with faux stitching. I think it makes all the difference in the card.

For the inside of the card I also outlined the star shape. The sentiment is a very old stamp by DOTS... which is now Close to My Heart. The heart is cut from the patterned paper.
Thanks for taking a peek!

1 comment: